Monday, February 27, 2006

One small step.....

Yesterday I received an email stating the following:

"I'm pleased to inform you that a poem you entered in firstwriter.com's Fourth International Poetry Competition has been selected as one of ten Special Commendations. You can see the winners and a list of the Special Commendations (including your selected poem) at
http://www.firstwriter.com/competitions
/poetry_competition/previous_winners/4thpoetry.shtml.

Your poem will be published in a future issue of firstwriter.magazine. At that time, you will receive a firstwriter.com voucher worth £20 / $30."



This is my first real success, and I'm not sure how to react to it. I can't quite shake the feeling that there may only have been 13 entries to the competition in total, and I came 13th! But it looks like things are on an upward swing, and I'm feeling very excited, positive and motivated. I am starting to believe that I can actually do this....

(PS: I write under a pseudonym, so you won't recognise my name on the list of commendations. I'm so very very shy, you see......)

No comments: