Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Jellyfish & Labyrinth

(Sounds like a pub, that does ~ "The Jellyfish & Labyrinth" )



"In a Related Story, Keira Knightley Spotted Scouring the Beach for Buried Treasure

Guy: My gawd, what is that?
Chick: What?
Guy: This thing here. Medical waste is washing up on the shore.
Chick: What are you talking about?
Guy: Right there. It's a breast implant.
Chick: It's a jellyfish, you ninny.
Guy: I wondered why there were so many.

--Jersey shore


via Overheard in New York, Jun 26, 2006


****************************



I am reading, and absolutely loving, Labyrinth by Kate Mosse (no, not the coke- snorting coat-hanger with the inexplicable predeliction for skanky smack-heads and curiously 24-7 child-care arrangements, thankfully. After Naomi Campbell's Swan I think we can do without anymore model-author-whatever reinventions. Although "Naomi Campbell's Anger Management Handbook" might be a seller....). Anyway, back to the book ~ it's fantastic ~ beautifully written, impeccably researched (I assume ~ I'm not so hot on the history of 13th Century France that I'd spot any glaring errors) and it's a riveting, undulating, kick-ass "girls can be Indiana Jones, too" thrilling read. I've got about 250 pages to go (it's a doorstep!)and I'm already getting sad that I'll be finished soon.

Incidentally, anyone know how to get into www.mosselabyrinth.co.uk? It's very frustrating!

No comments: