Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Ground control, or bladder control?

It took Lisa Nowak 12 days, 18 hours, 37 minutes and 54 seconds, travelling a distance of 5.3 million miles, to secure her place last July in one of the world's most elite clubs: voyagers to space. It took her about 14 hours, and a journey of 950 miles, on Monday to destroy it.
Mrs Nowak was charged with attempted first-degree murder yesterday in the most bizarre incident involving any of Nasa's active-duty astronauts. The charge, together with others of attempted kidnapping and battery, relate to an apparent love triangle she was embroiled in with a fellow male astronaut and a female air force captain whom she suspected of being a rival to his affections.


http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,2007498,00.html



If you haven't already spotted this story in the media then I urge you to take a look. Astronauts, nappies, kipnapping! Truth really is stranger then fiction ~ but I can't help feeling that if someone entered such an incident into a novel it might attract criticism for being too far-fetched and improbable...

1 comment:

Jane Henry said...

kate, I saw that story too. Mad or what. As you say, you can't make it up. I have some friends who have had the most appalling dreadful dark family secret that came out two years ago and cause real mayhem. I can't possibly ever write about it, but if I did, you would say I'd made it up!

glad my comments helped btw. I need to do lots of research for my new book but want to get on, so will probably do the two in tandem!

love Janex